Featuring 16-Player Party Mode, Battle Mode and More…
PopCap Games, the worldwide leader in casual games, today announced the global release of Bejeweled®Blitz LIVE on Xbox LIVE® Arcade for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft. The game delivers the same fun and frantic action found in other popular variants of Bejeweled, but is packed with all-new, highly competitive multiplayer modes and a brand new look designed specifically for the Xbox LIVE audience. Bejeweled Blitz LIVE is being featured in Microsoft’s House Party promotion for Xbox LIVE Arcade for Xbox 360.
“Bejeweled Blitz LIVE for Xbox LIVE Arcade takes the core of what’s great about the Bejeweled Blitz experience, and ratchets up the fun and competition with both Classic and Twist gameplay, a frantic 16-player party mode, head-to-head battles, and leaderboards galore,” said Ed Allard, head of worldwide studios at PopCap Games. “Early critics have already heralded this adaptation as a must-have title for Xbox LIVE Arcade, and we hope players will agree.”
Highlighted features of Bejeweled Blitz LIVE include:
- New 16-Player Party Mode: Up to 16-players join together in riveting, simultaneous action for an unparalleled Blitz experience—the most competitive 60 seconds on Xbox LIVE®!
- New Battle Mode: Players face-off in one-on-one Blitz battles on the same console, or virtually over Xbox LIVE.
- Real-Time Leaderboards: Vie for supremacy with all-new dynamic leaderboards showing up-to-the-minute competitive scores of players and their friends for true in-your-face competition. Coupled with a new menu interface, battling your buddies has never been better!
- Two Styles of Play: Players are endlessly challenged by Classic and Twist game action, two district game modes offering varied layers of skill, strategy and highly addictive gameplay.
- New, Exclusive Version of Twist Play: Players meet brand new challenges in an all-new Bejeweled Twist variant not found anywhere else!
- All-New Friendscore: Team-up with your Xbox LIVE friends to combine scores and compete for the highest weekly and all-time scores and ultimate team bragging rights.
- Tuned Specifically for Xbox LIVE: New high-def graphics and an all-new music soundtrack complement hours and hours of non-stop gameplay.